Ayurvedic Management of Kikkisa (Striae garavidarum)
The woman is most beautiful creation of almighty God. Woman is very conscious about their beauty. So when she sees any mark on the body, she becomes anxious. Ayurveda is an ancient science of indigenous medicine, it is not only a medical science but it is an art of living in human beings. Kikkisa is a one type of skin ailment that occurs during pregnancy and mentioned by various Acharyas under the heading of Garbhini Vyapada (disorders of pregnancy). Striae garavidarum especially appeared during second trimester of pregnancy and it may cause psychological distress in women. Bahya and Abhyantara Shamana Dravyas are used in the Chikitsa of Kikkisa.
2) Kaviraj Atridev Gupta, Ashtanga Sangraha, Hindi Commentary, published by Chaukhambha Krishnadas Academy, Varanasi, 2005, Ash. Sang. Sha.3/9, p.282
3) Dr. Brahmanand Tripathi, Asthtangahrdaya, Nirmala Hindi Commentary, published by Chaukhambha Sanskrit Pratishthan, Delhi, 1970, Ash.Hri. Sha.1/58 p.1099
4) Dr., Bhela Samhita, Vidyotini Hindi Commentary, published by Chaukhambha Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi, 2000, Bha. Sha.8/6, p.108
5) Premvati Tewari, Ayurvediya Prasuti Tantra Evam Stri-Roga, Part I, 2ndEd., published by Chaukhamba Orientalia, Varanasi, 1999.Shashtamadhyaya.p.251-253
6) C.S.Dawn, Text Book of Obstetrics, Neonatology & Reproductive & Child Health Education, 6th edn.,Dawn Books Publishers,Kolkata,2004,p.66
7) D.C. Dutta, Text Book of Obstetrics,5th edn., Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt.Ltd., New Delhi,2013,p.68
8) Sudha Salhan, Text Book of Obstetrics,1st edn., Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt.Ltd., New Delhi,2007,p.365
9) Shirish N. Daftary, Nikhil S. Jani, Pre manual for undergraduates Obstetrics, 1st edn., Elsevier, New Delhi,2006,p.30
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).